R Johnson Ltd is currently looking for Freelance Accountants with experience of providing a great service to clients within an accountancy practice to join our industry leading business.
R Johnson is a market-leading provider of cloud accounting services, tax, and payroll services provider to individuals and SMEs in the UK.
What we are looking for:
- Part-qualified/ qualified AAT or ACCA Accountant who is looking to progress.
- Demonstrable experience in an accountancy practice with experience of owning a portfolio of clients is highly desirable.
- An ability to prepare year-end accounts as well as corporation tax returns.
- An understanding of UK VAT rules and Payroll requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good time management and organisation skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel/Google sheets
- Ability to deliver agreed work with little supervision and handholding
What you’re good at:
- University Degree in Accountancy
- Qualified/Part-Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent) or qualified by experience
- Proven experience working within accounting practice, preparing and reviewing financial statements from source documents and records. Ideally have working experience in industry or accounting practice managing multiple client relationships
- Strong Excel skills including understanding best practices in reviewing financial models; advanced knowledge of one or more accounting software’s
- Strong knowledge of UK SME accounting
- The ability to cope with multiple tasks and produce accurate work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team to deliver quality work outputs
You will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of a high-quality service to a portfolio of clients. Responsibilities will include but aren’t limited to:
- The completion of year-end accounts, CT600 and Corporation Tax.
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Calculating liabilities such as PAYE and VAT & ensuring RTI requirements are met.
- Meet statutory deadlines for VAT, Statutory Accounts, and other Returns.
- Producing monthly management reporting packs
- Bookkeeping and reconciliations (Bank, Balance Sheet Reconciliations & P&L Analysis)
- Quality control and file reviews of colleagues if required.
- Expense Management including ensuring bank transactions are appropriately supported with the right documents; Daily Maintenance of Dext Prepare / HubDoc accounts (the objective is to have zero unpublished items always)
- Nice to have: E-commerce specific accounting knowledge; strong knowledge/understanding of Brexit regulation
- Xero Certified Advisor
- Quick Books Certification
- Familiarity with HubDoc, Xero Expense, Dext Prepare, Dext Analysis and Accountancy Manager
We are looking for Freelance Accountants to provide 24 hours support, 365 days a year, so this will involve working 7-hour shifts remotely.